Friday, November 16, 2007

My poor blog, languishing like a neglected hydrangea. It's not as though stuff hasn't been happening. There was a music festival, a party or 4, in-law visitation. I'm taking improv and sketch writing classes! Oh yeah, and the delving into really intense brain stuff. Some day I'll go into the deep briny of the deep brainy, but not today. Today (well starting yesterday) there was the Big Shakeup at work. Having been there only three and a half months, it's more than a little disconcerting to have half of your team leave (your manager involuntarily) in the midst of a process change transition. And that shakeup is compounding the ick I feel from drudging through the dark uncomfortable, really really scary places (you know, the ones away from which you run and run--only to find yourself deeper and more lost in the fear once you actually admit that you're scared).

It has been a really tough fall. And winter looks like it will be hard, as well. But at least I'm looking for a way out, and asking for guides to help. Admitting I can't do it myself is frightening, but it also feels like a victory. And, these days, I'll take a small one of those. And, perhaps, a comforting malty beverage.

No comments: