Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Holidaze

It's kind of the end of the vacation, though since I was working Sunday and today, I wonder whether I gave myself an actual holiday. Well, there wasn't too much work involved, and I will be taking Friday off (I was initially going to work that day, but I've already put in a good 2/3 day of work for this client). Still, I look forward to when I can totally tune out for numerous days at a time.

We're supposed to leave Carlsbad tomorrow for our return trip to Austin, but now I have been told there are going to be gale-force winds. Well, at least they'll be at our back from the time we get to El Paso. Hopefully the client work I need to do will be done by mid morning, so we can hit the road in time to miss the worst of the crosswinds.

The holiday itself was nice and mellow. And I get to continue my mid-30s breakout against the classical music training I had by pretending to be a 15-year-old boy, a wannabe rock star, or possibly both when we get home and crank up the shiny new PS3. I guess Roy doesn't want conversations with me any more, since he got me the machine, plus Rock Star, Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Half Life 2. *smile*.

Looking forward to the following in the new year:

* More improv classes
* Renewed yoga practice
* More bicycling
* A possible return to Bonaire
* More writing for me
* Continuing to chip away at the depression

No comments: